Monday, January 25, 2010

"How Shall the Young Direct Their Way?"



Yesterday in church, we sang a hymn that is pretty new to me, and I just love the lyrics (and the tune).  I thought it was the perfect prayer to start up another week of homeschooling.  {Oh, Lord, if they learn nothing else this week, let them grow in their understanding of Your Word.}

How Shall the Young Direct Their Way?


How shall the young direct their way?
What light shall be their perfect guide?
Your Word, O Lord, will safely lead,
If in its wisdom they confide.
Sincerely I have sought you, Lord,
O let me not from you depart;
To know your will and keep from sin
Your Word I cherish in my heart.


O blessed Lord, teach me your law,
Your righteous judgments I declare;
Your testimonies make me glad,
For they are wealth beyond compare.
Upon your precepts and your ways
My heart will meditate with awe;
Your Word shall be my chief delight,
And I will not forget your law.

The Psalter, 1912


3 comments:

  1. We use the Trinity Hymnal, too.

    One of the hymns we sang this morning, was "As the Hart about to Falter." I love that one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this verse - so true. Thank you for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete