Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Basement Blues

It's for real now -- we really are going to attempt to build a basement bedroom for Anna. The basement was demolished over the Christmas break and the planning stage is almost complete. I still can't believe we are going to do this.

As exciting (and horrifying) this project is to us, I realize that it has very little do with what I try to focus on at this blog. So... I've created a new blog!

Photobucket

click on image to visit the new blog

And, yes, you read that right... I created (as in desinged-it-myself) a blog!!! My favorite blog designer, Darcy, doesn't need to worry -- her job is secure. But if I can figure out how to put together a simple blog, maybe, just maybe, we'll figure out this basement thing.

Now, let me make one thing very clear. You are not going to hurt my feelings if you do not read Basement Blues. I mostly just want a place to record our progress. I thought maybe when the basement is done it would be fun to make a keepsake book from the blog. We will be under pressure to meet certain deadlines with this project, so if there are long periods of silence on Blue House Academy, you might check over at the new blog to see if I'm still alive. Nevertheless, homeschooling comes before basement remodeling, so I will hopefully have many new homeschooling posts in the coming months. And I also haven't forgotten I'm an autism mom. It's been a while since I've blogged about anything autism related, but that should change soon too. There are some new developments on the horizon.

Until then, Happy Blogging!

2 comments:

  1. I have been following your blog for a while and enjoying it. I am hosting an art giveaway that you might find interesting. Stop by and take a peek when you have a chance.
    Blessings
    diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute and clever idea, Kellie :) Look forward to reading it!

    ReplyDelete