Yesterday I was pouting that we were just getting rain instead of snow, but I guess I should have checked the forecast. It will definitely be a white Christmas. Sadly, our church even had to cancel the Christmas Eve service tonight. So I have a moment to post the third video from the Christmas program.
If you've been reading this blog for a while, I hope you've gained an appreciation for how special a kid Ryne is. He may have his challenges and quirks, but he brings joy to so many people. And it was such a joy to watch him perform. I laughed, cried, and sat in wonder. And prayed a quick "thank you" to God.
Here are a few things to notice as you watch the video:
- His enthusiasm as he leaps into place at the piano.
- Serious preparation -- he cracks his knuckles before he starts playing!
- Some annoying woman whispering instructions at him. Me? Why would you think that?
- Unbelievable -- For the first half of the piece, he plays perfectly while making faces at his little sister sitting in the front row!
- A job well done. I won't spoil it, but clearly he enjoyed himself.