Thursday, December 25, 2008

My favorite Christmas tradition

Merry Christmas!

We all have special ways we celebrate this holiday. Maybe you're preparing your grandmother's special recipe she used every Christmas. Or maybe you're gazing at an ornament on your tree that you decorated in 3rd grade.

Here at Blue House Academy, one of our favorite Christmas traditions that Marc and I started shortly after we were married is to put our wooden shoes next to the fireplace instead of the traditional stockings (No last names allowed on this blog, but both sides of our family come from Dutch heritage).

But my favorite tradition is one Marc's family started many years ago, long before Marc and I even knew each other. Every year we have a special cake. It's a birthday cake. Because it is the day we celebrate the birth of our Savior, after all. But it's also the birthday of someone else I love dearly.


Every year the cake is different...

but the celebration is the same.

Thank You, Heavenly Father, for sending us your Son, and thank You for giving me the most wonderful husband in the world!

Happy Birthday, Marc and Jesus!


No comments:

Post a Comment