Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Back-to-School Photos!

It's the third week of the {Not} Back-to-School blog hop at iHomeschool Network: Student Photo Week! Welcome to any visitors! For those of you who don't know our situation, all three of my kids have been homeschooled for part of their eduction, but this year my two girls are attending a classical Christian school three days a week while my son will be homeschooled full time.

Monday was the first day of school for everyone! This was Grace's first day ever at an away-school and she was so excited! I think Anna was just as excited -- she insisted they wear matching uniforms and fixed Grace's hair to match hers.

 photo 2013Back-to-SchoolPics1.jpg

I just have to share with you one of those melt-your-heart moments from the morning. When I woke the girls up to get ready for school I sat down on Grace's bed. She pulled the covers down from her face, sat up, gave me a hug, and said, "Thank you, Mom, for doing this." I thought it was a little odd of her to thank me for waking her up, but then she added, "Thank you for homeschooling me all those years so I could be ready for this." Cue the waterworks! Those words of praise rank right up there with the time a very young Ryne riding on my back buried his face in my neck and told me I smelled like a freshly cut watermelon (you might have had to have been there or at least know more of our story to know how much that one meant to me). I am blessed. : )

 photo 2013Back-to-SchoolPics2.jpg

 photo 2013Back-to-SchoolPics3.jpg

So this will be the first year that Ryne is the only kid at home, at least for a few days a week. We're on day three so far and I think it's going pretty well. Today I coaxed him outside for a little photo shoot. He recently got a new desk and chair and now he rolls all over the upstairs in his chair, so why not bring it outside too?

 photo 2013Back-to-SchoolPics10.jpg

I told him to also bring a favorite book, so of course he brought Holman's Bible Atlas. I think he has every page memorized.

 photo 2013Back-to-SchoolPics6.jpg

 photo 2013Back-to-SchoolPics5.jpg

 photo 2013Back-to-SchoolPics9.jpg

Oh, and for those of you wondering what happened to my school room post . . . it's coming. Last week turned out much crazier than I anticipated with two back-to-school orientations (elementary and secondary) and all the other stuff that goes along with back-to-school, that I just haven't had the time to take pictures yet. Plus, there are tools all over the room right now because Marc has been finishing a couple little projects for me. So I apologize, but it's coming. Someday. ; )

Happy Homeschooling!



2 comments:

  1. Oh, Kellie! I'm crying. How sweet of Grace!! And those pictures are all priceless. You have two beautiful young ladies and a handsome young man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Gracie ...such a sweetheart! You definitely made me cry!

    ReplyDelete