Monday, July 30, 2012

Peaches

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Don't be fooled by these pictures.  Our summer has not been filled with lazy days, picking and eating peaches.  But it has been a fun, full summer with many memories to treasure.  


One of those memories is our first ever peach crop.  The girls have been eating two or three (or even four) a day and I froze some so we can make Pioneer Woman's heavenly peach crisp with maple cream sauce.  We would have made it already, but Anna is refraining from sugar until the summer track season is done, so it would have been cruel to make peach crisp while she can't eat it.


I'm planning on participating in the Not-Back-to-School Blog Hop, so hopefully I'll be back to blogging on a more regular basis next week.


Hope you are enjoying your summer!

4 comments:

  1. Hooray! I subscribed so I wouldn't miss a post!!

    Shouldn't I be the one with a peach tree? Actually, this Georgia gal doesn't much care for them but that recipe sounds so good that I could change my mind.

    Is it really time for the Not-Back-to-School Blog Hop??? Wow! It's been a busy but fun summer. Guess I need to hop over there and see what the posts are going to be this year. Maybe I'll come out of retirement again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly, I'm not a big peach lover either, but I love this peach crisp recipe. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the pics. I just put some sliced peaches in my freezer, too. My gang requested a pie. I already made a peach crisp. We have more peaches, so I'll have to take a look at PW's recipe. If it is as good as her 2 blackberry cobbler recipes, then I'll probably have to freeze a lot more peaches. : )
    ~Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there! Very nice peachy shots - wish we had some!
    Been missing my bloggly friends - just can't seem to multitask the homeschooling, whole food diet, and still have any 'me' time. You motivate me to keep trying to get back to my blog however! Find me on facebook if you're there (andrea perry calkins) but if not I'll just keep repinning your beautiful pins!
    --Andrea

    ReplyDelete