First, I just have to say THANK YOU to everyone who has commented on this blog lately! Especially last week, when my weekly report was less than inspirational, your comments really made me smile. I am so far behind in responding to everyone though, so if you start getting responses to your comments from two weeks ago, don't be surprised. It's just been that kind of month!
Now for the business of the day. Every once in a while, I see some cute blog post where someone tells 100 fun or interesting things about herself. I can't possibly think of 100 things, so I'm aiming for a more manageable number. So here are 38 things you probably didn't know about me (and perhaps wish you didn't):
1. There is no special reason why I chose the number 38.
2. I sneeze in 3's.
3. I became a Christian the summer before my senior year in high school.
4. It only took me another 5 years to really start to understand what being a Christian meant.
5. I met Marc at Baylor University. Sic 'em Bears!
6. I was a freshman, and he was a senior.
7. It was love at first sight.
8. I'm not ready to tell you where we met, but just ask him -- he loves to tell everyone the story.
9. I even told my sister that he was "the one."
10. She probably didn't believe me, since it took him a couple of months to call me after our first date.
11. In real life, I'm very shy and avoid telephone calls at all cost.
12. This morning a dear friend/neighbor brought me the yummiest homemade chocolate cake, which just happened to be gluten free.
13. She must really like me to bring me a cake for no reason.
14. I ate 2 pieces.
15. The academic achievement I was most proud of in college, was getting an A+ on a paper that accurately predicted the (then) unknown Texas congressman, Tom DeLay, would one day be one of the most powerful people in American politics.
16. Yes, the same Tom DeLay that had to resign under controversy, but is now going to be a contestant on Dancing with the Stars.
17. But that's about as close to political commentary you'll see on this blog, because I really don't like to talk about politics.
18. I won't even tell you how baffled I was about all the protest over Obama's address to our nation's students. They're worried about their kids being indoctrinated from a 15 minute speech, but they send their kids to public schools. Hmmm... Oh, right -- no politics!
19. I recently joined a cult.
20. Not really, I just bought a Mac.
21. And I ♥ it!
22. It's also my first laptop!
23. Maybe someday I will be brave enough to download my 1st cell phone ringtone.
24. I even have a song picked out.
25. My favorite hymn is "And Can It Be."
26. Except when I'm singing "I Know Whom I Have Believed."
27. I lead the children's singing at my church.
28. Even though I can't sing.
29. That's what happens when you go to a small church.
30. I was once trained as an Assistant Teaching Director for Community Bible Study.
31. Can you imagine someone who's afraid to talk on the phone giving a 30 minute lecture?
32. Long story, but I never actually got to be an ATD.
33. I think it had something to do with God calling me to homeschool my kids.
34. Tonight at our church's ladies Bible study, I was presented with another cake.
35. So that makes 3 pieces of cake today.
36. I'm telling you, I just have very loving friends.
37. Because there is nothing special about today or the number 38.
38. Except that, thankfully, it's not the number 40.