Thursday, February 5, 2009

I would love to go...

...to the Midwest Homeschool Convention in Cincinnati (April 16-18, 2009).

My local homeschool convention is the same weekend, and it is a great convention. But the local convention will not have Dr. Susan Wise Bauer or Dr. Christopher Perrin. No, they will be in Cincinnati. I'd go just to hear those two, but you can see who else is speaking here.

Now the exhibit hall is why I really go to the conventions, and the Midwest Homeschool Convention has a huge list of exhibitors, including many I have not seen before.

The one thing that is keeping me from packing my bags for Cincinnati is cost. Their registration fees are actually quite reasonable considering what they are offering, but I would have to include travel and hotel costs. If I stay in town I pay nothing because registration is free for members of the group that sponsors the convention.

But there might still be a way. You see, there is this little contest going on over at the Midwest Homeschool Convention blog. Now, don't go telling anyone about this contest, because I'd really like to have a shot a winning! But since you have been such great blog buddies, I thought I'd let you in on the secret. Consider it an early Valentine gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment