Friday, July 11, 2008

Road Trip: Day 1

I naively thought I could tell our autism adventure in a few posts, but I still have about two more to go. But for now, it's back to the present with some scenes from our annual vacation to Michigan. But this year we first made a detour to Omaha. When Grace was younger she pronounced it "Hee-haw," so that is what we affectionately call it now. We were in Hee-haw for less than 24 hours -- long enough to take in an evening of the Olympic Swimming Trials. What a thrill! We saw Michael Phelps and Katie Hoff set American records, and were thoroughly impressed with the athleticism of all the swimmers and the energy of the crowd.


Yes, those little ant-sized people are our three kiddos. I know a good photographer would have had the subjects closer and still captured the background, but 1) I'm not a good photographer, and 2) I was standing in the street and didn't really want the kids there with me.


Even if you're not a swimming fan, you'll be impressed with this video I took of Michael Phelps winning the 200 meter butterfly. Amazingly, we were only about 4 rows from the top of the center, and still were able to get good video (what you see is not nearly the quality we can see before uploading).

video

No comments:

Post a Comment