Friday, July 11, 2008

Road Trip: Day 1

I naively thought I could tell our autism adventure in a few posts, but I still have about two more to go. But for now, it's back to the present with some scenes from our annual vacation to Michigan. But this year we first made a detour to Omaha. When Grace was younger she pronounced it "Hee-haw," so that is what we affectionately call it now. We were in Hee-haw for less than 24 hours -- long enough to take in an evening of the Olympic Swimming Trials. What a thrill! We saw Michael Phelps and Katie Hoff set American records, and were thoroughly impressed with the athleticism of all the swimmers and the energy of the crowd.


Yes, those little ant-sized people are our three kiddos. I know a good photographer would have had the subjects closer and still captured the background, but 1) I'm not a good photographer, and 2) I was standing in the street and didn't really want the kids there with me.


Even if you're not a swimming fan, you'll be impressed with this video I took of Michael Phelps winning the 200 meter butterfly. Amazingly, we were only about 4 rows from the top of the center, and still were able to get good video (what you see is not nearly the quality we can see before uploading).

No comments:

Post a Comment