Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Big Red

During my third pregnancy the big question was, "What color hair will she have?" Everybody had an opinion. She would either have dark brown hair like her big sister, Anna, or she would have blond hair like her big brother, Ryne. The odds were in favor of blond, since Marc and I both were blondies as children.

So when the delivery nurse exclaimed, "She has red hair!" we just had to laugh. The first of many laughs Grace has given us.

Photobucket

Her red hair may not be quite as red as it once was, but I don't think her grandfather will ever stop calling her Red. Except now she's not Little Red.

Photobucket

She's reading and writing. Last week she lost her first tooth. And on Sunday she turned seven. Seven! My baby is seven.


3 comments:

  1. Aww! How sweet - I hope it was a fun birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful she is!! From little chubby cheeks to SEVEN already! I'll *sigh* for you cuz I know how it feels - lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How precious. She's a beautiful strawberry blonde.

    ReplyDelete